Sunday, February 26, 2012

My attempt at curling my hair with a Sock Bun

I have amazing hair, that really doesn't like to hold curls. Even with lots of product, it falls flat after a few hours so most of the time I dread doing anything but flat ironing my hair out. Everyone on-line and on Pinterest has been raving about the Sock Bun way of curling your hair so I decided to give it a shot. Last night I washed my hair, squeezed all the excess water out of it and put it up in a ponytail. I then grabbed one of my son's old Babylegs that unravelled and rolled it to the sock bun, put it in my hair, rolled it up and slept with it like that all night. I also left it in most of the day today while I was cleaning. So, here is the results. I like it, but I think next time I need to put the bun higher on top of my head because there is an obvious seperation of where the curl starts on my head! I also have layered hair so that is a bit of a problem for hair like mine.

Here it is in the bun.
Photobucket

The front taken out of the bun. My husband loved how fluffy my hair was. He thought it looked super sexy! These are not the best pics of me, but eh, this is to show folks the result with layered hair that doesn't like to curl.
Photobucket

I definitely love the way the back turned out though.
Photobucket

Tomorrow I will be back with my Origami covered tin and how I covered it. I kept a Christmas tin that some awesome Chocolate Truffles came in. I loved the tin and thought I could do something neat with it so I covered it with Mod Podge and Origami. I will be putting in Spice Packets in the tin for storing in my pantry. I turned out pretty cute. :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment