Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Closet Organization

I wanted to start the new year out right, so one of the big things that I have been working on has been organizing my side of the closet. My friend inspired me to get storage containers so I bought all of these in the Home Decor section at Kohl's. I even used Kohl's coupons to get them discounted. That is how I like buying stuff, with discounts. Between my husband and I, we have a decent sized closet and too much clothing and various other stuff so it was time to get an organization plan in action. Here is what I did for my top shelving units.

The next thing on my closet organization list is to make Clothing Dividers and organize my shirts/skirts/shoes and dresses with the dividers.
Photobucket

Another angle.
Photobucket

Close up of the tags I ordered off of Etsy. I remembered that I had lots of Clothing Pins in my laundry room so I ordered the tags and labeled the storage units and the contents in it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We still have lots of closet organization, but it feels good to at least have started on my side of the closet and to have it mostly finished. I hope that the hubby and I can tackle his side of the closet, very soon.

I ordered these super cute Tags from this store called Conversationals.

Next on the closet organization is to get clothing dividers, decorate them and then organize every single piece of clothing in my closet by divider.

Follow Me on Pinterest
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, and I know people in my life won't believe it, I love organization. I do get out of being organized, but I really hate it. You're closet looks super awesome. If you really want to take it a level further...the part about separating your clothes by type...well color code the hangers, too. Blouses = Blue; skirts = red; dresses = orange, etc. Yes, I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna. That is actually the next on the list. I am going to organize clothes by skirts, blouses, long sleeve, short sleeve etc and I am going to make clothing dividers labeled. I am going to buy a label machine this weekend. The next big organization is going to be the pantry! I can't stand the mess anymore. I figure if I put things in bins, tins and containers that things will be contained and my kids can't make a big mess. :) I love organization too. It is just taking me a long time to get there, lol.

    ReplyDelete