Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Paper Covered Clothes Pins

What is a good way to spend your recovery time in bed from the Stomach Flu? Well, evidently I figured that crafting in my bed was a good idea. It really isn't because it is not comfortable, but I was determined to get my clothes pins covered. Before I got sick, last week I found a tutorial on dyeing up natural wood clothes pins. I dyed them up last week and had them drying over the weekend. They were all dry by last night so I decided to bring them up to my bed, and get my crafting on! I grabbed my supplies (exacto knife, fabric cutting board, Mod Podge, Sponge Brushes, decorative paper and paper plates) got some old towels out, an apron on and started to cut and cover the dyed clothes pins with some of my fun printed paper that I have. I do not recommend crafting in your bed however unless you have the right accessories to do so and good hips that won't hurt sitting in the same position for two hours, heh. I took the appropriate measures to prevent glue from getting on the bed with old towels and a plastic cover. Just trace the pins with your exacto knife cutting out the shape of clothes pins and you will have your paper to cover your pins. Lay a coating of Mod Podge on the top of the clothes pin and lay the paper down. Let dry, then do same for other side. Once both sides were dry, I coated the top of the paper on each side to give it the Lustre effect. Below is what they look like finished. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment